CLUES FROM THE PRODUCER/DIRECTOR
I founded Mystery on the Menu in Washington DC in 1986 and since then the company has presented thousands of interactive murder mystery plays at hotels, resorts, restaurants, aboard trains and boats and busses, at private homes, mansions, museums, parks, wineries…Mystery on the Menu pioneered interactive mysteries aboard luxury private trains and aboard Amtrak.
I write all of the mystery/comedy plays; a few of the many themes include shooting a movie, a family reunion, political convention, a séance and a talent contest. Many of the plays can be customized or tailored to a particular event or business and…I’ll even write a mystery play especially for your occasion. The plays feature a whole “rogues gallery” of interesting fun characters like fortune tellers, gamblers, society hostesses, reporters, senators, movie actresses, millionaires, rock stars…I grew so fond of some of those characters that they are featured in my mystery novels
Here are a few additional facts:
- The actors I work with are talented professionals who are skilled at involving the audience in the plays
- The plays are “ready to go” so we can offer a quick response for shows.
- I developed several unique One-Woman mystery plays with audience participation (See Murderisserved.com for more information)
- I have written two mysteries (featuring a robbery instead of a murder) for pre-teen and teen birthday parties and celebrations)
- Several Mystery On the Menu scripts can be leased… many theater companies around the country use our scripts.
- Every play ends the same way. The murderer is revealed; the detective says.."and now, there’s nothing left to say except, the case is closed. and so is the play”
It’s no mystery that I love writing, producing, directing and acting in the mystery plays. I’ve worked with and entertained thousands of wonderful people. We will be celebrating our thirtieth anniversary on June 13th, 2016. It has been an amazing, fun and exciting time; I've had the "crime" of my life! On with the investigation!